The Educational Technology Services department supports CCA faculty, staff, and students in their use of information technology and technological resources. The educational mission at CCA is to educate those who shape culture through their work as artists, architects and designers. This mission governs the goals for the use of technology at CCA.
These fundamental goals, developed within the context of a strong history of exploration in traditional technologies, are:
- to establish strategic and productive methods for the use of new technologies
- encourage the exploration of new and innovative methods for the application of new media
- establish methods for determining fair and equitable distributions of limited resources
- promote ubiquitous accessibility and seamless integration of new technologies
These goals are further defined in regard to their application in teaching and learning, administration, communication and accessibility as follows:
- Provide a forum for examining larger planning decisions and developing a multi-year technology implementation plan.
- Develop and provide a method for prioritizing technology spending in accordance with institutional goals and within the larger institutional capacity.
- Develop and provide a method for assessing student, faculty, and staff needs related to technology training and support.
- Develop and provide an environment that supports the idea of one College with open access to information and resources.
- Develop and provide an environment that supports a lucrative relationship between traditional and new technologies.
- Develop and implement methods to facilitate student ownership of computers.