Educational Technology Services (ETS) maintains the print accounting system for all student-accessible printers in the computer labs, libraries, Digital Color Center and Digital Fine Art Studio. This policy governs digital printing for these areas.
- No monetary refunds will be given.
Any funds in your print account must be used towards printing. Any left–over balances will not be refunded.
- Print attentively.
Be sure you know what you're printing, how many pages are being sent, etc. before releasing the print job. Funds will not be credited back to your print account due to print problems such as:
- Accidentally sending more than one copy to a printer
- Accidentally printing the "wrong" file
- Formatting problems not caused by a bug/malfunction in the system or printer
- Forgetting to log out and someone else using your print account funds
- Print jobs that a user fails to pick up from a printer
- Print jobs delayed several minutes due to heavy user load
- Safeguard the balance of your print account.
ALWAYS LOGOUT from a workstation when finished working. If you do not logout, you run the risk of someone else printing with your print account funds. If you need to leave a workstation while logged in, exit your browser application (e.g. Safari) first. This will assure that your print session is terminated and another person cannot gain access to your print account.
- Credits due to malfunctions.
Your account may be credited for each unsatisfactory page multiplied by the per–page cost if the problem was caused by:
- A printer malfunction (e.g. paper jams, streaks, low toner)
- A malfunction of the print accounting system
- We cannot reverse fees from previous semesters.
To request a fee reversal, contact the ETS helpdesk at 510-594-5010 or email@example.com.
- Print Account Activation and Deactivation.
Print accounts will remain active and account balances will rollover to the following semester as long as you're enrolled at CCA. Print accounts will remain active for one year after a student leaves CCA (e.g. due to graduation, etc.). Print Account Balances are not transferable between users.
Please note that the print accounting system is designed such that a user's print account is only debited for pages that actually emerge from a printer. Users are not charged for unprinted pages, or print jobs that are delayed or "stuck" and are subsequently removed from the print queue.